Extensive computer experience
Over 15 years' experience with Macintosh/Apple computers and over 10 years' experience with PCs. Comfortable with both platforms, and experienced with assisting users of both types of computers.
Specific technical skills
- Blackboard system administrator: Three years' experience working as a Blackboard system administrator, resolving user issues, and instructing faculty members in maximizing their Blackboard use.
- Web design & administration: 10 years' experience with HTML, Dreamweaver, Fireworks, and web design, including improving existing website encoding and work as website administrator.
- Retail software technical writer: Five years' experience with technical writing and editing; includes executing beta-testing of complex back-end software and a wide variety of Web-deployed and Oracle-based software, researching design documents and release notes, and performing technical interviews with subject matter experts.
- Familiar with many software programs, including: MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Publisher, Outlook, Access), Macromedia Dreamweaver, Macromedia Fireworks, Macromedia Flash, Lotus Notes and Lotus Notes Designer, Blackboard, Adobe Acrobat Reader/Writer/Distiller, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe PageMaker, Adobe FrameMaker, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, ACT! database management systems, PTA project management software, Datatel, Oracle database systems, RoboHelp, and RoboHelp HTML.
- Quick to learn new software and technology skills with little assistance.